Posted on: August 16, 2021
Top 10 tools for effective remote workforce managementGet Started
Remote working has grown incredibly in the last two years since the pandemic raised unexpected challenges for businesses. Remote workforce management obstacles pushed businesses to get out of their comfort zone and grow during work from home. More and more organizations are adopting a hybrid work culture and giving their employees the choice of opting for remote work.
While remote work gives freedom and space to employees for working flexibly, it saves operational costs for companies. With companies bringing major policy modifications to implement, remote workforce management became more complex to handle. Therefore, some organizations opted for tools like employee monitoring software and remote collaboration tools for boosting efficiency in remote work.
Let’s move forward to what’s in trend and how businesses across different industries can take advantage of such tools for effective remote workforce management.
The growing benefits of remote working
A global survey conducted by Gartner, Inc. found that 88% of business organizations worldwide implemented work from home as the virus started to spread at exponential rates (Source).
Remote work is witnessing a lot of advantages and hindrances at the same time. However, businesses are implementing new policies to provide remote workers with suitable technology and support for completing their tasks proactively. There are a few aspects and benefits mentioned below that remote work can provide.
- Remote working offers excellent flexibility in setting up the working schedule during remote work. There is a sense of more freedom resulting in greater trust and higher job satisfaction.
- It gives employees more opportunities for initiating projects independently while reduced travel time and the ease of accommodation help them to stay motivated and productive.
- Remote work puts employees in friendly surroundings and enables a comfortable environment resulting in fewer distractions than a traditional in-office environment. Fewer distractions help in increasing productivity.
- Remote working enhances work availability and accountability. That means individual employees become responsible for the work they do. And when your business has remote collaboration tools at your disposal, it gets quite easier for managers to understand the work inputs by certain employees.
How to manage remote teams and balance hybrid working
Hybrid work culture is the future of the workplace in every industry. Building a productive work culture and an inclusive environment could be complicated for managers with their teams distributed across different geographies and remote locations. However, there are a few ways that will help manage teams and find a balanced work culture. Take a look.
- The organization should set some basic rules that can go according to the remote working model. Organizations should also keep the employees updated with the changes and strategies they implement. Not only the redefined policies, businesses should also tell their employees about the tools they use to track employee productivity during remote work.
- Helping the remote employees with tips and suggestions to keep the work process improvement is an important part. Collaboration is the key to a successful work environment. Thus, it is important that remote teams are always in sync with their supervisors and do not face stress at work.
- Hybrid working culture should focus on considering quality over quantity. Flexible work timings should not be a problem with the organization. Tracking work is also a key aspect of remote working and being aware of the work progress adds to the team collaboration positively. It helps to inform team members about the task progress and keep everybody on the same page.
- Well-informed teams with good coordination are necessary for terms of understanding what is happening in the organization. Remote collaboration tools can help in fostering communication and connectivity across the hybrid teams and team building.
- Always remember to listen. Remote working has its different obstacles. Listening to the employee’s problem and finding an appropriate solution is essential. Productivity tracking software helps managers to understand employee behavioral analysis so that they can reach out to them in any case of task inconsistency and failure in employee engagement.
- Avoid micromanaging! Micromanagement can result in a lack of productivity that might hamper the organizational work and employees’ morale. Instead, remote monitoring tools can help in getting in-depth insights into the remote workforce’s productivity. Also, it is vital that they know about the productivity tracking tool and how supervisors are going to use that analysis.
These were some useful tips to tackle your remote work battles. Now, move forward to the tools that will be your business’s partner in managing the remote workforce.
Top 10 tools for effective remote workforce management
There are several websites and apps to choose from to ease the remote working culture.
Using the best of AI, Leapmax – a Work From Home Solution, houses a feature set that can ensure the productivity, security, and efficient management of a remote workforce. It is a complete repository for remote work productivity monitoring as well as offering solutions to data security during remote work. Leapmax ensures remote workforce productivity and boosts work accountability regardless of different geographies or work environments.
This knowledge management platform named Knowmax is an omnichannel one-stop solution for contact centers, telecom, banking, and the industries you name it. If you are looking for a single source of enabling customer experience, faster access to information for support agents, delivering instant answers to reduce Average Handling Time (AHT), and supercharging your self-service platforms encompassing knowledge-sharing capabilities, then Knowmax is the platform. Even during remote work, Knowmax can be of great assistance to remove all your customer and support hindrances. It also provides tools like decision trees for customer service that help agents to resolve customer queries in real-time.
Trello is one of the most user-friendly project management tools for all types of remote teams. To manage a project’s duties, one can create a separate board for each task and then add lists and cards. It’s also possible to allocate cards to individual team members, which represent duties. Trello is a project management tool that will help you to organize your tasks flexibly and smoothly.
Zoom is a famous and well-known video-conferencing application that allows you to connect visually and vocally with several people in order to stay in touch and keep their daily operations running smoothly. Zoom can accommodate up to 1,000 video participants and 10,000 spectators. You may use Zoom to hold live meetings and video webinars and record them for later viewing. Zoom is designed and tuned to perform consistently, and it’s simple to use purchase and scale.
Krisp is a fantastic tool for remote workers that need to speak with one another regularly. When you’re in an audio/video conversation, distracting background noises take the focus away from the main message and make you appear unprofessional. This is where Krisp comes in handy. This AI-powered noise-canceling software reduces background noise during calls by inserting a virtual filter between your mic and the calling app.
6. Google Drive
Google Drive is one of the most widely used solutions for storing and sharing data among teams. It lets you share documents, audio files, movies, presentations, and images with members of your distant team. Furthermore, the data kept in Google Drive is highly secure, and you have complete control over who you share your files and documents with.
Dropbox can help you organize all of the content your team needs to collaborate. Dropbox’s cloud storage solutions make team collaboration more accessible and more efficient. You can store files and share them with your team anytime and from any location using your preferred device.
For teams of any size, Hubstaff makes time tracking simple. It allows remote teams to track project progress and evaluate their productivity. This solution also includes a GPS time monitoring capability that will enable managers to track employees’ travel and on-site time. Individual employee hours, billable hours, and payments can all be tracked using online timesheets.
TeamViewer is powerful remote assistance, remote access, and online meeting software that enables you to assist clients remotely, collaborate with colleagues from afar, and stay connected with your equipment. TeamViewer is a robust and easy-to-use solution that is used by everyone from individuals to major companies. This software makes things a lot easier because users can remotely access other people’s computers if they have the same application installed and you’ve been given the proper login credentials. TeamViewer’s technology is dependable, and you can rely on it when you need to access a remote device securely.
10. Base Camp
Because of its straightforward functionality, clean design, and graceful use, Basecamp is a popular choice among managers, teams, freelancers, and agencies. It’s a project management and team collaboration software that enables you to manage projects and communicate with clients effectively. It has several features and tools for sharing ideas, coordinating conversations, and keeping everyone in the project on the same page.
Remote work collaboration tools are still witnessing a lot of innovation and products. There are solutions like knowledge management platforms, productivity tracking software, and remote collaboration tools that are constantly evolving. We picked the top 10 efficient and futuristic tools for your remote workforce management. Now, it is your turn to try your hands on all these magical yet innovative tools to get the best of remote workforce management.
- 5 Hybrid work approaches to curb productivity & collaboration challenges
- Time tracking tool- The future of remote work for enterprises
- Managing employee burnout during remote work- Data is the key
- Employee monitoring system – 7 vital things to consider for remote work
- 8 Useful tips for employees and managers working remotely
Managing employee burnout during remote work- Data is the key
Managing employee burnout became an essential aspect when pandemic-induced hybrid…..Read More
Empathy based management for the stressed-out hybrid workforce
Work from home setup was extremely difficult for the millions…..Read More